Friday 18 February 2011

Are Our Representatives Representative?




I have been looking at the make up of our parliamentary parties. I have used 9 criteria and separately will take a look at 'employment' prior to becoming an MP. Later on, I will make some comparison across the sub-sets of data and suggest some questions.

The pie chart results are provisional; further work needs to be done on the MPs who have not allowed certain pieces of information [within my criteria] to be published.

Initially I will publish charts that are criteria based across the House of Commons as a whole and then, at a later date will group the charts by party.

The final phase will be to show the cross data results - for instance, decade of birth and secondary education, or gender and tertiary education.

I hope these charts will prove interesting and useful.

The data herein is owned by Malcolm from Over The Pond.

Criteria Sets:

Gender; Ethnicity; Decade of Birth; Country of Birth; Origins of Social Class; Secondary Education; Tertiary Education; Service as Councillor; Connection with Constituency pre-selection.

No comments: